Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Macabre Magpie!!













Halloween has become a treat for adults and children alike; for some the night ends in a candy induced coma but for many, like myself, All Hallow’s is a chance to throw caution to the wind and get wild and crazy in the dressing up box. Here I have taken inspiration from the Mexican Death Masks in order to achieve my face make up and the use of colour inserts a little extra flair. The rest of my outfit combines archetypal gothic elements of black lace and leather. The paradoxical addition of the black flowers is meant in an ironic context; a symbol so commonly associated with blossoming new life being used here in the association of death. My other accessories are also of gothic influence, with a handmade beaded necklace, buckled waist belt and cute miniature top hat. So for all you fellow fancy dress fiends… enjoy the spookiest night of the year, unleash your dark side and allow fashion to make a morbid fright!

Please support my entry in this years Halloween competition on Lookbook.nu and good luck to all you other participants on Spookbook.nu!!! Thank you xx


3 comments: